24k gold kelberi

jack jahnke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2019
he acts like he wants to eat and he will hit the live gold fish but he doesnt swallow it he has been doing this for about a month he just holds them in his mouth he occasionally swallows one but its like he is having trouble swallowing them. he is also 13 inches long and the gold fish he eats are between half inch to inch, i have been thinking he has a mouth fungus or something so i started treating him with fungus guard 2 days ago... if anyone can help pls im not tryna lose this guy he has some of the nicest markings i have ever seen.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Everybody is going to ask the same thing.
  1. What are water parameters.
  2. Do you have any photos.
Also, be ready to hear about all the bad things about feeding fish live feeders.
There are plenty of people here that will try to help. I myself without some visual clue cannot offer anything at the moment. Stay tuned.
If no luck re-post with a title that indicates the pbass cannot swallow. May also want to post under diseases.

jack jahnke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2019
Everybody is going to ask the same thing.
  1. What are water parameters.
  2. Do you have any photos.
Also, be ready to hear about all the bad things about feeding fish live feeders.
There are plenty of people here that will try to help. I myself without some visual clue cannot offer anything at the moment. Stay tuned.
If no luck re-post with a title that indicates the pbass cannot swallow. May also want to post under diseases.
i breed the gold fish for his feedings
ph:7
temp: 75f
ammonia: 0
Nitrates:0
and i will take photos when i get home

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lol,he sure warned you....
How long have you had the fish? It sounds like it has some sort of issue with it's mouth or throat?

jack jahnke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2019
How long have you had the fish? It sounds like it has some sort of issue with it's mouth or throat?
i have owned him for about 5 months and i just got home too im looking at his mouth it looks like he has white fuzzy stuff on the roof of his mouth

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Well just tryin to get this stuff out of the way. Also not sayin this is the problem but 0 nitrates?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
i have owned him for about 5 months and i just got home too im looking at his mouth it looks like he has white fuzzy stuff on the roof of his mouth
Mouth rot or fungus maybe? If that is the case it was likely brought about by water conditions or whatever it has been eating....can you get some photos up?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Right,and how about more details; tank size and other inhabitants,filtration system.
There really is no need to use goldfish as food what with all the excellent fih pellets that are available.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Reached out to Duanes and RD. Hopefully they can add. Could be stress. Even early signs of bloat but gotta get more info.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store