An amazing video about the Kribensis (Pelvicachromis pulcher)

The Dave

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2016
U.S.A
www.youtube.com
The Kribensis (Pelvicachromis pulcher) is probably the easiest cichlid to maintain and breed.
In fact, due to their small size ( 3-4 inches / 7.6 - 10 cm ), hardy, adaptable nature, and ease of breeding, this fish is probably the ideal cichlid for anyone that is taking their first steps into keeping cichlids.
The following incredible high-definition video gives you an in-depth look at everything you need to know about maintaining this species. Best of all, you are guaranteed to see things you have never seen before !!!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
The Kribensis (Pelvicachromis pulcher) is probably the easiest cichlid to maintain and breed.
In fact, due to their small size ( 3-4 inches / 7.6 - 10 cm ), hardy, adaptable nature, and ease of breeding, this fish is probably the ideal cichlid for anyone that is taking their first steps into keeping cichlids.
The following incredible high-definition video gives you an in-depth look at everything you need to know about maintaining this species. Best of all, you are guaranteed to see things you have never seen before !!!

Fantastic video! You did a extremely great work really enjoyed how every stage was explained. Personally would like this thread to become a sticky because it can be a learning tool for anyone interested in breeding Cichlids.
Thanks for sharing:)

The Dave

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2016
U.S.A
www.youtube.com
Fantastic video! You did a extremely great work really enjoyed how every stage was explained. Personally would like this thread to become a sticky because it can be a learning tool for anyone interested in breeding Cichlids.
Thanks for sharing:)
Thank you for checking out the video. I would like to see it become a sticky too, but I have no idea how that's done. Thank you for checking out the video.

Reactions: tlindsey

Rossy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2012
Austin
I took the hard route and went for the Peacock Bass in science class. Did tons of water changes on the 200 gallon. Best science teacher ever during high school.

Reactions: The Dave

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
So could these be kept with clown Loaches. And A BGK?
I would like to make a planted tank with a ton of kribensis and a ton of plants but I have to be able to keep my BGK and clown Loaches in there (150 gallon tank)

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Krib are great beginner fish to bring people interest into cichlid keeping. Krib are too common fish, and don't typically show their best color in store open tank. So beginner cichlid keepers prefer more colorful Rift Lake cichlid. What they miss is that Krib's brooding behavior is more interesting than Rift Lake mouth brooders, and their color pop in sheltered tank environment.

I kept them briefly in my childhood and only recently I returned to keeping Krib in my planted tank, and realized how much I have missed. They are cave dwellers closer in size, body shape and behavior to Tanganyikan cave dwellers than Rams and Apist, the latter shouldn't be kept together as Krib will overpower and bully them. My females constantly displayed to the male and soon guarding a dozen babies. It's two months and there are still a few babies left and the parents are tolerating them. I am waiting to see if they behave closer to Lamprologus Daffodil or leulupi in the long term, as the former will form an extended family of youngs whereas the latter will chase them off.

P1000408.JPG

Reactions: Davidiator

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
well, i decided that i will make the tank a planted tank and then decide on fish.
thinking TONS of tetras and some barbs

thanks though :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store