Jacob._.merc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2017
Would a small delhezi (4.1 inches) be able to cope with 2 mbunas and 2 peacocks? They're each about 3 1/2 to 5 inches.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I've kept a Senegal with them and she was about 6 inches. She is currently housed with the delhezi. Do they react differently among different species?

No I don't think the species has anything to do with it just concerned that Mbuna can be more aggressive than Peacock. You could give it a shot but if any signs of territorial display remove the Poly.

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I agree with tlindsey tlindsey . The part I worry about is diet. Polys are obligate carnivores and really only need meaty foods. (I guess that has a lot that can be expanded upon) Mbuna are herbivores and really shouldn't be fed high protein diets. The veggie based foods you should be feeding mbuna won't hurt polys it's not going to help them either. They need a much higher protein source. That's where the problem comes in that's not good for mbuna and can be very bad actually causing death. Aside from agression from the cichlids you need to worry about your mbunas needs.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store