HELP BICHIR DYING DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Well since this was just moved to proper forum I just saw it. How's it doing?
You originally posted in brackish? You don't have it set up brackish do you? So many questions right now! Temp? Parameters?

Reactions: clm08k

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
it’s a delhezi the lights are always dim in my tank that’s how I have them set and I have a little hut for them to hide in I have other bichir in the tank with him, I’ve had them for about a year now and all of a sudden he just lost it
you said you have had him for a year? How big is he? Did you just move him to the 10 gallon?

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Yeah, you mention a 125 is on hold but you've had these polys in a 10 gallon tank for a year? They are going need a larger tank now. 10 gallons with anything but small fish can be challenging to keep stable parameter-wise.

What are your water parameters?
Well since this was just moved to proper forum I just saw it. How's it doing?
You originally posted in brackish? You don't have it set up brackish do you? So many questions right now! Temp? Parameters?
We need to know the answers to these questions to help your little guy. I hope he's improving.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
You mean the user is gone? And the fish died? :(
Sorry.... I don't know. He's 17 been a member since 11/17 a couple posts and hasn't been active in almost 2 weeks. Oh and he's possibly keeping a bunch of fish in a 10 gal tank. He originally posted in the brackish forum, is he keeping them in salt? I think it's a troll but I could be wrong. I hope I'm not wrong. Because that's some bad fish keeping right there. If I'm wrong and this is/was legit I'm sorry to op, but where did you go? Why arent you demanding answers or posting in multiple spots. The forum isn't hard to navigate. It's gotta be a troll this can't be real.

Feesh4life2000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2017
Sorry.... I don't know. He's 17 been a member since 11/17 a couple posts and hasn't been active in almost 2 weeks. Oh and he's possibly keeping a bunch of fish in a 10 gal tank. He originally posted in the brackish forum, is he keeping them in salt? I think it's a troll but I could be wrong. I hope I'm not wrong. Because that's some bad fish keeping right there. If I'm wrong and this is/was legit I'm sorry to op, but where did you go? Why arent you demanding answers or posting in multiple spots. The forum isn't hard to navigate. It's gotta be a troll this can't be real.
Sorry, I only come here when there is a problem I cannot figure out in a panic I posted bichir in marine/saltwater the tank was freshwater and the bichir lived, it was bloat the salt helped but later in the year he jumped out the back of what I though was a secure lid after a year of them living there, so I moved them to a 75 gallon with a secure lid, the inhabitants of the ten gallon at the time were 2 delhezi bichir 5 inches, 3 senegal bichir 5 inches, and endlicheri bichir 6 inches I could post pictures if you want

Reactions: dr exum

Feesh4life2000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2017
Sorry, I only come here when there is a problem I cannot figure out in a panic I posted bichir in marine/saltwater the tank was freshwater and the bichir lived, it was bloat the salt helped but later in the year he jumped out the back of what I though was a secure lid after a year of them living there, so I moved them to a 75 gallon with a secure lid, the inhabitants of the ten gallon at the time were 2 delhezi bichir 5 inches, 3 senegal bichir 5 inches, and endlicheri bichir 6 inches I could post pictures if you want
I did not have notifications on so never seen this until now but thank you all for the help

Reactions: dr exum
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store