Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I had that setup before plus vieja and a chocolate cichlid. It's as in my 200 gallon tank and lived with each other for years!!

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Overstocking new world cichlids doesn't really work. Yes you may be able to curb aggression but you wont see the true beauty of the fish's color or personality. Pick one or two that you really like and stick with those you will be so much happier then cramming fish that don't go together. I learned the hard way and wasted allot of money. my fish are now so much happier and so am I.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Ps

75 isn't as big as it seems. As juveniles you can throw a whole bunch of stuff in there but if you want adult fish I wouldn't go bigger than a few 6" fish, possibly 8-10" depending on the type of fish.

Sizzy905

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2015
Thanks everyone for all the replies. Yeah I guess I really like the freddy so I might just try to find an adult and keep that alone. If not that then 4-6 medium sized cichlids.

Sizzy905

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2015
Thank you I a female to but she's in that lil house protecting her eggs
how long did it take to get the jd's to start breeding?

Youngddh

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2015
how long did it take to get the jd's to start breeding?
Not long I had this tank set up since April my convicts are on there third n my jacks are on their second and they always been in the same tank peaceful

Sizzy905

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2015
Not long I had this tank set up since April my convicts are on there third n my jacks are on their second and they always been in the same tank peaceful
that's awesome, im thinking of adding a big convict to my current 75. my jd pair is extremely docile, and shy so i think it should work out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store