• I have no idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wulfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
Oregon, United States
As a side note, I love my Dovii! So much character. If I don't play with him for a while before I feed him he gets mad and stares at me for an hour or so, chomping his jaws.

Wulfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
Oregon, United States
This cross has been done before but dont know if it was on accident or on purpose. Not my cup of tea though.
There's a link earlier in this thread to one instance of this cross, but they don't provide many details. When I started this thread I wasn't even planning on getting a Dovii but now I'm trying this just so that if I succeed I can provide a more detailed experience and thus elevate the collective knowledge available on the internet. I'm basically a saint.

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
I’ve had a ten inch Jag breed with a two inch Con, so it’s possible. Can’t give you much more info because as soon as they became free swimming the parents ate them.... They knew.

Reactions: Rid_Ether

Wulfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
Oregon, United States
Just after my last post I did a larger water change than usual as I had procrastinated for about 5 days. No breeding, but both stopped showing as much aggressive behavior to one another. The female build a nest (cleared the substrate away) in her favorite cave and the male started hanging out near her instead of watching me all the time. No eggs, but I changed my mind about moving her and I'm going to keep up on these 50% water changes and see if it happens. The male also became aggressive toward my Bichir, something that has only happened rarely before. I am truly astounded at just how much food he fits in his mouth, I have started dropping large quantities of it at opposite ends of the tank hoping some will sink fast enough to give the others a chance to eat but he dashes back and forth and catches 90% of it. The rest he snatches from the bottom feeders as soon as her sees them find it. Even with his recent potential breeding behavior, my window of opportunity is closing because at this rate he will outgrow my setup soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store