HELP BICHIR DYING DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Feesh4life2000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2017
I have a little bichir in a 10 gallon grow out tank (don’t worry 125 gallon is on stand by) and he just started freaking out he swims frantically around the tank jumping and swimming into things and then he just sits still for a little while and starts doing it again when he sits still he looks out of it he just breathes heavily and let’s the water move him a little sometimes he flips upside down and just keeps breathing but it’s not swim bladder problems because I’ve seen it before and that is definitely not what’s wrong with him… anybody got any ideas of how I can help him?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
What kind of Poly? Would dim the lights and add some plants and decor to get it to calm down.

Feesh4life2000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2017
What kind of Poly? Would dim the lights and add some plants and decor to get it to calm down.
it’s a delhezi the lights are always dim in my tank that’s how I have them set and I have a little hut for them to hide in I have other bichir in the tank with him, I’ve had them for about a year now and all of a sudden he just lost it

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Not sure about bloat but the dosing is 1tbsp per 5g. Won’t hurt the delhezi or other fish.

Post some water numbers and a video or pic.

Reactions: clm08k and tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Dang that doesn’t look good. Seems to be trauma induced. Hope it makes it. Keep water clean.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store