Help. Pleico sick again??!! :-(

NilusFishFamily

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2018
Definitely ground floor but I’d be worried about the basement just with the knowledge of the weight. I’m sure it’s probably fine but I just got would worry about that much weight in a concentrated space that has an open basement underneath.

In reply to another person, I did post to the pleco section originally but to date zero-0- replies. So I keep coming back to this thread.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Ok, a few things here that I’d like to touch on:

First, the 37 is way too small for that pleco. A 75 would be a huge upgrade, and way worth it, but a 125 would really be much better.

Second, the amount of filtration has zero affect on the amount of water changes you should be doing. I agree that you need to be doing a lot more water changes. For that setup, I’d recommend you change at least 50% every two days.

Lastly, if you are correcting the water parameters with chemicals, then you should stop doing that. Having a more consistent PH is more important than having a PH that matches the fish’s natural habitat. I keep several different species in my 220, some of which come from soft SA waters, and I simply change their water with my tap water that has a PH over 8.2. All fish are very health and thriving.

Good luck with your pleco and let us know how it goes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store